Friday, November 7, 2008

Ginger Soy Caramel Popcorn

I snuck a little bite of my daughters popcorn ball on Halloween and it reminded me of a popcorn I use to serve for lunch at the Hilltop bistro. This recipe uses some rice seasoning made of bonito flakes that you can pick up in any Asian market.
Recipe
750 grams popcorn popped
150 grams Isomalt
125 grams Sugar
8 grams Ground ginger
20 grams Sesame oil
100 grams pineapple juice
40 grams Sweet soy
50 grams Butter
100 grams Coconut toasted
100 grams Mac nuts toasted
20 grams Bonito rice seasoning
40 grams Soy sugar
3 grams Table salt

Place Isomalt, sugar, ginger, sesame oil, sweet soy, butter and pineapple juice in a saucepan and cook until the hard crack stage. Place the popcorn in a bowl and pour the sugar mixture over the top stiring constantly. Toss in the rest of the ingredients and cool on a sheet tray

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am definitely going to have to try this, i have been playing around with miso caramel popcorn