Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Musuem of Contemperary Art Mixed Taste Lexture


This past Friday I fortunate enough to be invited to mixed taste which is a 30 minute presentation given by 2 people on unrelated topics. At the end of the presentation the audience ask questions that try to connect the 2 subjects. The other presenter did Machiavelli, a 15 century political philosopher. We arrived around 5:00 and set up a station where people could grab some strawberry sorbet before sitting down. My presentation went fairly smooth. I started off with Herve talking about how the term molecular gastronomy is wrong. I moved on to talk about the presentation I went to in New York where Harold and Linda talked about taste. People were fascinated by the supertaster theory. I then talked about molecular products that people use everyday with out knowing it. We then moved onto to the additives where I included a lot of pictures from the blog. The zebra steak got the biggest roar. The question and answer session was fun fun. One of the questions was what would the menu look like at the Machiavelli cafe.
I ended off the night freezing a pickle and shattering it on the ground and sucking down some space foam. Mixed taste happen every Friday night at the MCA. It was a blast and I can't wait to be invited back

No comments: