Thursday, June 19, 2008

Democratic National Convention 08

Our hotel is about 20 miles from downtown Denver. A couple days ago the security department showed us a little video about possible terrorist concerns with the convention. It basically was a video of people blowing up other people using breifcases, trucks, cell phones and even fake babbies in a carriages. It scared the shit out of me. First of all it is impossible to screen everything that enters our hotel. Second it made me very happy to live in this country, I don't think I could function knowing that the box of romas next to me could blow my ass up.

1 comment:

ClaireWalter said...

I hope you resisted the temptation to do a liquid nitrogen demonstration when the Secret Service or whoever appeared. I don't imagine they have a sense of humor about the hissing sound or the cold smoke.

Claire @ http://culinary-colorado.blogspot.com