Thursday, June 26, 2008

Tatsing menu 40

I have not done a post in a few days. I am trying to get my packet ready to send into Bocuse. I feel that I have some strong dishes. The only problem is that I heard of it last week so putting together a art full presentation might be a stretch. I will put in a entry no matter what. This opportunity does not come along everyday. It has been very crazy in the hotel. We have been very busy with the recent press. I have decided to keep my shit together rather then blog. We had 8 GM's from different properties for a VIP dinner. I also had Mike Long, a really good chef come up and have a tasting menu. I have known mike for a while, he is a strange guy, that's why we get along. It is nice to have other chefs come in and critique your work. He is honest. He makes me a better chef with his criticism. He did not have a lot to say this time. I guess that is a good thing.
Tasting menu


Berbere encrusted pork bellyc
Fermented black garlic, sour cream folded basmati, poached egg


Sou-vide dill salmon
Carbonated lyches, bing cherry noodles, sweet corn butter


Grapefruit and spearmint space foam


May ploy incrusted buffalo meatloaf
Blue cheese air, bok choy from Ian’s garden, shitake gnocchi


Chambord marshmallow
Toasted on graham cracker and dark chocolate ice cream
Made tableside with liquid nitrogen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just got back from having this tasting menu and it was all fantastic I highly recommend it. A question to the chef though; was the jelly that was plated on each dish but not listed just a failed batch of the bing cherry noodles? It was great but it wasn't listed anywhere.

chefian said...

It is a puree of beets and simple syrup. We use it to give color to the dishes. The beets are steemed and peeled then pureed with the hot sugar