Friday, July 11, 2008

Jersey city here I come??

I got a call from our cooperate chef that he would like me to be the executive chef at the new Westin in Jersey city. After talking it over with my wife, it looks like we are going to stay here for now. I can't say that I am not ready for a change, it just did not feel right. 5 years ago I would have jumped at the opportunity but today I am thinking about other peoples happiness before mine. Plus it's Jersey ( no offense, I have never been but I here things)

1 comment:

ClaireWalter said...

I moved to Colorado from NJ 20 years ago. In fact, I moved from Hoboken, which is just north of Jersey City. The area now nicknamed Wall Street West that boasts high-rise hotels and office towers was a derelict area of abandoned warehouses, empty factories, a sprinkling of tenements and rotting piers. Even then, the traffic was horrific, the air foul and instead of 300 days of sunshine, the weather was 300 days of heat and humidity, cold and humidity or rain. On those rare occasions when it snows, white turns gray very quickly and to brown mush shortly thereafter. No matter how appealing the opportunity and the purported glamour of Manhattan across the Hudson, IMHO, you'd most likely find the lack of real quality of life hard to take. Besides, Denver needs talented, adventurous chefs.

Claire @ http://culinary-colorado.blogspot.com