Monday, July 14, 2008

This is not Dairy Queen

A common occurrence in this industry is when you receive a case that is not on your order. The people that work in the warehouses of our food distributors are filling hundreds of orders with hundreds of cases. They mess up from time to time. When chefs are missing a case from an order they are on the phone with the sales rep right away. Where the f--k is my case?? But when a case of something arrives on our doorstep you don't pick the phone up so quick. When I was cleaning our freezer today I found a box of Peach Julius that was supposed to go to dairy queen. The box was damaged so I called our rep and he said to use it up. A little ice and some egg white powder and it was like I was sitting in the mall with my sisters screaming at my mom

No comments: