Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Cooking breakfast with the waffle brothers


I met the waffle brothers at my daughters martial arts class. John and Ron run a waffle shop at 16th and Arapahoe. If you have not tried a waffle you must make the trip. They use a classic belgium recipe with pulugra butter and these large sugar crystals that give them a great crunch They asked me to cook some scrambled eggs for them for a party of 600 people this morning. The only problem is that it was -12 when I left my house this morning. The waffle brothers share their commissary with Biker Jim a local street cart legend who cooks a wide array of game sausages. Jim got to hang out with Anthony Bourdain last week when they were taping No Reservations. It has been a blast being able to help out friends here and there while I get my ideas in order. As you can see by the picture I am not in a hotel anymore, we cooked our eggs for 600 off a hot dog grill.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ian is was great to have you help in our effort!!! Much thanx, we look forward to many more opportunities to work togther.

WB John