Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Foie Gras Taco Shell

I have been on a taco shell kick the past couple of months. I think it is a form that everyone is comfortable with. I wanted to make a shell using foie. I used a old tweel recipe and substituted some foie for butter. The trick is keeping ever thing emulsified and adding the egg whites in stages so you don't break the batter. The batter must be chilled overnight and spread very thin when it is cooked. I had to use a ounce scale for the recipe, my new gram scale should be coming any day.

Recipe
4.8 oz Foie, cleaned
1.6 oz Butter,soft
2 ea Egg whites
.2 oz Honey
1 tbl. Black pepper
1 oz Powder sugar
.5 oz Oatmeal ground
3 oz Flour
1/4 tsp. Salt

Place the Foie gras in a small mixing bowl with the butter. Beat with a paddle attachment until the mixture is soft. Add 1 egg white at a time so it does not break the batter. Add the rest of the ingredients and whip for 1 minute. Cool and spread on a silt pad. Bake at 325 for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Mold over a whisk handle to get the taco shape

1 comment:

Maxwell Tanner said...

You are my idol. I am a 15 year old high school student that has allways been interested in making the unique food like the stuff you make. Thank you for brightening my day sometimes It would realy mean alot to me if you email me....
thoushaltnot69@gmail.com