Sunday, July 6, 2008

Tasting menu 42

Very slow right now. After having 2 months of good business, this week sucks. I have been working on a couple side projects but when the days drag on, it is hard to stay motivated. I stole some gold leaf from the pastry box that I will use on the final course this week. I remember a lunch I cooked for Bush about 6 years ago that we garnished all of the plates with gold leaf. It is a real pain in the ass to work with but if you do it right it makes an amazing presentation.


Tasting menu


Artichoke textures
Crepe, mousse, fried, kewpie baked


Sushi rice salad
Wasabi tobiko jelly, wok seared salmon, white soy air


Achiote sou-vide pork
Chayote squash, white cherry tomatoes, tomatillo glass


Banana split dippin dots
Shattered whip cream made tableside with liquid nitrogen


Organic white chocolate and spearmint gold leaf bar

No comments: