Thursday, December 20, 2007

Tasting menu 13



It is going to get very cold this week in Colorado. I think we even have a chance for snow on Christmas. I decided to do some of my favorite winter time dishes this week. I love fish stew. I like to take all the fish scraps from the day and brown them in olive oil, red pepper flake and anchovy. I then add garlic, Hungarian paprika, tomato, white wine and a fish fumet and reduce until thick. The base for the first dish is made with fish bones instead of the meat. The fish and broth are wrapped in fata paper and presented to the guest in a nice bundle. My other favorite dishes include crab with corn and celery leaves.Organic chicken with horseradish and apples, and Cranberry and mint with eggnog.

Tasting menu
12/20/97

Maine lobster in Fata Paper
King Salmon, New Zealand Mussels Hungarian fish broth


Blue crab
Sweet corn, celery leaves, Camembert, Raspberry chips


Mustard and Vanilla Organic Chicken Sou-vide
Horseradish, Apples, Rosti, Piped cider


Cranberry, Mint
Eggnog Ice cream made tableside with Liquid Nitrogen

No comments: