Monday, March 3, 2008

banana foster sphere

I forgot my camera last week when I did the tasting menu but I wanted to make this dessert today. I first juiced some oranges and added rum. I placed in small balloons and rolled in liquid nitrogen. We made a banana creme brulee and placed it in the whip cream canister with 2 charges. I burned a small whole in the sphere and we filled it with the foam.


The caramel powder is made by pouring caramel in liquid nitrogen and the putting it in the blender for 10 seconds. I served it on the side so the guest could pour the powder over the top table side



1 comment:

Deborah Dowd said...

I am so impressed with what you can do! At Jefferson Lab we use liquid nitrogen to make visiting schoolkids ice cream- I would love for someone to come an show our physicists a demonstration of molecular gastronomy!