Monday, April 14, 2008

Tasting menu 30

This is my 100th post. I have learned alot since I have started but I am more excited about what is to come in the future. After talking to Herve and eating Wylie's food, I am ready to begin my next 100 post. I have alot of chefs that understand why and alot of other chefs that don't. It is the same attitude that I encountered before I started doing any molecular. Everyone has there own taste, flavors that they are comfortable with. I could make the best shrimp dish but you may not like shrimp. I don't think you could ever make a savory dish that everyone will like. As chefs we put our hearts on our sleeves everyday hoping to connect with that persons perception of that perfect dish. You may like it, you may not but I feel good giving you that opportunity to make that decision. Here is to a 100 more


Tasting menu


Purple potatoes
Sopresetta crème Frâiché, crispy shallots


Sou-vide beets and tarragon
Shitake hummus, lemon stilton


Lobster steak
Baked taro, Tasmanian pepper, béarnaise gnocchi


Apple dippin dots
Danish dough, mascarpone, caramel powder


Pineapple curry bubble gum