Friday, April 4, 2008

A day off

As other chefs will tell you, there are no days off in this industry. Especially when you work in a hotel that is open every minute of the year. I usually take Wednesdays off but this week I was asked to do a demo at the new Macy store. I did a easy dish, one that I have done 100 times. I neglected to think about the fact that I was not bringing any helpers and I had to move a 6oo pound liquid nitrogen tank. I wish I was sitting in a car watching my stupid ass wheel this tank on a 2 wheeler through the parking lot.The demo went great. I answered my normal question about liquid nitrogen and after 4 demos we loaded up the truck.
When I got back to the hotel there were 500 fans, press, and fighters from the UFC in the hotel lobby. We got slammed in our main room and in the bar. It was 10:30 before I snuck out the back.

No comments: