Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tasting menu 54

The 40 second chocolate cake recipe comes from El Bulli. It is a cake batter you add to a isi container with a charge and foam it into a plastic cup that is microwaved for 40 seconds. My wife and I had a great meal at Black Pearl last night from James. It looks like he will be gone soon though. Hopefully we can hook up and cook some day, He is very talented.


Ripe plantains
Guava, aged provolone, scallop ceviche

Pork and champagne pate
Caper sphere, Gewürztraminer foam, alder smoked honey

Sou-vide Snapper
Nitrogen broken vegetables, tobiko powder, yam noodles

40 second cake
Chocolate textures, Lime ice cream made table side
With liquid nitrogen

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ever since I saw albert adria do the 40 second cake on No Reservations, I've been searching for this technique high and low. Could you please point me in the right direction?

RipSUp said...

Could you post a little more detail on the 40 second cake. It sounds really interesting.

Anonymous said...

here's a well documented example from a blog I frequent
http://www.playingwithfireandwater.com/foodplay/2008/07/microwave-chocolate-cake.html

RipSUp said...

Thanks for the link, That's exactly what I was looking for.