Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tasting Menu 56

We are doing a course to honor Paul Newman's passing this week. I had the chance to meet him ounce when I was a young kid. I will always remember how nice he was. On those same lines my wife and I were talking about some things we can do to give back. First I am going to start making the rounds at some local schools. I think it is a great way to get kids involved in the arts. If you know of any class that might be interested in a molecular demo please email me. The next way is to utilize all of our 1/2 acre property at our house next year by growing as much produce as we can. We then plan to make soups and hand them out at the mission downtown. We will freeze most of what we make so we can give during the really cold months. It was nice to be able to bring some produce in for my specials but it will be even better to hand out a warm bowl of soup to someone that really needs it.


Smoked Tasmanian pepper sausage
Homemade ricotta, onion jelly, Guinness reduced romas


New Mexico hatch chili’s
Dover sole, Spanish rice flan, avocado jel


Newman’s own popcorn space foam

Warm foie gras mayo
Crispy crab, shitake, zucchini

Goat’s milk and Mexican vanilla ice cream
Rolled in crispy tortilla with frozen caramel powder
Made table side with liquid nitrogen

2 comments:

Ms. LaVenture said...

I'd love it if you could come demo for my class or others at my school! We're in Denver, Palmer Elementary. The third grade has been working a plot in the community garden outside our school -- they just harvested and had a celebration. It would be awesome to get a chef to visit!

rainy_laventure(at)dpsk12.org

Anonymous said...

is the flavor of the ice cream more like cajeta in flavor? diggin the mexican style you threw in.