Saturday, October 6, 2007

Tasting menu

I have a lot of frustrations in my restaurant. I work in a hotel now where there are good things and bad. We have money, one thing that you don't when you work for independents. When I wanted to order my chemicals or a 4000$ vacuum sealer they said yes. (I am still waiting on my vacum sealer)The problem here is I have 200 bosses that like to pull me in so many directions. My restaurant has to please so many people at ounce. Our menu focuses on solid ingredients and techniques.To get some of our molecular ideas on a menu we decided to do a5 course tasting menu paired with wine. We want to to do this because it is a way for the chefs here to be creative in the mix of a very busy operation. Thank you to chadzilla and idea in food for some inspirations on our first menu.

Appetizer

Heirloom tomato salad with balsamic caviar and a blue cheese pancetta marble


Soup

“Miso Soup”


Liquid Nitrogen prepared tableside
Colorado peach, egg white and honey sorbet
Crème Anglaise dipped mango
Truffle popcorn


Entree
Chicken skin encrusted halibut with sun chokes and hibiscus demi


Dessert

Roasted pear and almond dumpling with a
Hazelnut panna cotta and Mexican chocolate soup

No comments: